Welcome to the new CAFwd.org! As you can see, things are brand new around here. We’ve shifted to a new design and a new set of informational and interactive features to make it easier for you to find out what needs to be done to make our state work again. CA Fwd is about engaging online with other Californians in a crucial conversation for our future.
Among the notable updates:
- A new email signup at the top of every page – representing the most important thing you can do today. If you’re not already on our list, sign up now to join our movement behind real reform.
- This blog, with the latest news and commentaries on the issues we have in common.
- An idea map, so you can contribute your voice to the discussion.
- Upcoming events hosted by California Forward and our partners – where you can go to be part of the solution.
- The growing discussion in all its forms, including photos, event coverage, interviews, and videos.
CAFwd.org represents the change we want to see in California government: efficient, useful, responsive, and transparent. Beginning today, we’re aiming to put the power into your hands – as we develop specific proposals, capture your reaction and ideas, and give you a chance to support pragmatic solutions to the partisanship, gridlock, and dysfunction that is holding us back.
And we’re just getting started. In 2011, you can expect a host of new features and campaigns driving toward civic participation and a consensus around breakthrough reforms. We hope you’ll check out the site and return often. Also, let us know what you think in the comments below.
Victor Abalos is California Forward’s communications director and Vance Hickin is interactive manager.