It’s easy to make a gift to CA FWD through a donor-advised fund (DAF) account. If you have an account with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon, you can use the DAF Direct box on this page.
Choose your donor-advised fund provider, use the Designation field to specify how you wish the funds to be used, if needed, and enter the amount of the gift. When you click the “Next” button, you will be taken directly to your donor advised fund provider. If your donor-advised fund provider is not listed, contact your provider directly with a request to make a grant to CA FWD.
CA FWD’s tax ID is 26-0566540.
What is a donor-advised fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) provides donors with a centralized charitable giving vehicle. It allows philanthropically inclined individuals, families, and corporations to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction.
Main advantages of a donor-advised fund
- Simplicity—The DAF sponsor handles all record keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility—Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax efficiency—Contributions are tax-deductible, and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support several charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy—A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs—There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).*
- No transaction fees—Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.*
- Privacy if desired—Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
* Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by the charity that sponsors a DAF program.