Regional Stewardship Manager (full-time, 6-months)
The Regional Stewardship Manager for California Forward (CA FWD) assists the Associate Director of Regional Stewardship and the Executive Director of the California Stewardship Network (CSN) in coordinating and managing the collective impact activities of members of the CSN and advancing the policy initiatives of CA FWD through the California Economic Summit project. The individual reports directly to the Associate Director of Regional Stewardship and the Executive Director of the California Stewardship Network within the Regional Stewardship Department.
This is a fully-remote, 6-month contract with potential for extension. This is an exempt position.
CA FWD is a multi-partisan cross-sector steward leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream is accessible to everyone in all of the state’s regions. Our staff reﬂects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state. CA FWD team members are excited by the mission of the organization and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable.
Individuals enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management and communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Regional Stewardship and Executive Director of the California Stewardship Network, and in coordination with other CA FWD staff members, the Regional Stewardship Manager assists in managing the partners and projects associated with the growing stewardship movement and coordinates those activities with the California Economic Summit and other CA FWD projects as appropriate.
Specifically, the Regional Stewardship Manager will:
- Manage the execution of a comprehensive and cohesive department work plan that complements other department work plans and is aligned with the mission and goals of CA FWD
- Coordinate and manage the Advancing Inclusive Regional Economies (Going Beyond CERF) Summit work group and its deliverables, working in tandem with work group co-chairs, the Executive Director of the California Stewardship Network and other work group leadership, and with support from internal CA FWD staff
- Coordinate and manage CERF related consulting contracts and pro bono activities (i.e. Regions Community of Practice)
- Report progress on milestones and deliverables for grants that support the Regional Stewardship Department’s activities
- Support, as needed, in organizing public outreach/educational activities throughout the state (virtual and in-person) to promote understanding of upcoming CERF opportunities, and other inclusive economic development activities, engaging a diverse set of stakeholders in each
- Collaborate with CA FWD staff and consultants to develop promotional and educational materials to support community outreach and engagement activities.
- Support cross-regional learning opportunities among regional partners including bi-annual learning exchanges based on shared policy and professional development interests
- Identify and align regional activities in support of California Economic Summit policy priorities
- Support projects associated with regional stewardship, such as CERF and K-16 Collaboratives
- Assist with the coordination of shared activities of the members of the California Stewardship Network
- Commit to maintaining a cohesive, positive, and results-oriented internal team environment through cross-department collaboration
- Support the evaluation of efforts to inform continuous improvement
- Cultivate a solid understanding of California’s regional economic landscape and related policy priorities
- Contribute as needed to CA FWD papers, briefs, annual reports, blog posts, and other written pieces, as needed
- Advance our public reputation as a trustworthy, forward-thinking, public-interest political movement through the promotion of cross-sector collaboration
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Honor yourself while honoring your work and the work of others
Compensation based on experience and offered between $35-$40,000. Please send resume and cover letter to Annalisa Siregar-Wurm, Associate Director of Regional Stewardship at firstname.lastname@example.org