The application period for this job has closed. Thank you for your interest in CA FWD!
Policy Manager (full-time)
The Policy Manager supports the development and implementation of policy initiatives that advance the triple bottom line: simultaneously growing the economy, sustaining the environment and promoting equitable communities. The individual reports directly to the Associate Director of Public Policy and may be based anywhere in California with the ability to work remotely. This is an exempt position.
CA FWD is a multi-partisan cross-sector steward leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream is accessible to everyone in all of the state’s regions. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
CA FWD team members are excited by the mission of the organization, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management and communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Specifically, the Policy Manager will:
- Conduct high-impact policy research & data analysis on key public policy issues including housing, energy, workforce development, water sustainability, and other topics
- Organize and support policy-related convenings; coordinate conference calls, meetings and correspondence related to policy work
- Facilitate California Forward policy work groups and related activities for CA FWD’s annual California Economic Summit
- Help conduct high impact analyses of key public policy issues facing California such as housing affordability, broadband access and forest management.
- Support regional economic development by synthesizing and conducting key research and analytical support.
- Aggregate and distill policy feedback from experts, stakeholders and the public
- Contribute to CA Fwd’s communications activities including blogs and mass emails
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two-years experience in the government, policy, advocacy, or regulatory space
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team using good judgment and initiative
- Ability to summarize and present qualitative and quantitative data using tools like Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Tableau, etc.
- Strong organizational skills; and the ability to work with and produce work plans and other work efficiency tools
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000 dependent upon experience.