Bruce Stenslie is the President and CEO of the Economic Development Collaborative-Ventura County (EDC-VC). The EDC-VC is a public/private partnership, providing business advising, training and capital access services to promote regional economic vitality, business expansion and job growth.
Prior to joining EDC-VC, Stenslie served as
- Deputy Director for the California Workforce Association,
- Executive Director for Workforce Policy and Workforce Investment Board for the Mayor’s Office in Los Angeles,
- Deputy Director of the Ventura County Human Services Agency and Executive Director of the Workforce Investment Board, and
- Executive Director of the Candelaria American Indian Council, providing workforce and community development services throughout 11 California counties.
In 2012, Stenslie was appointed by Governor Jerry Brown to the California Workforce Investment Board and by the Ventura County Board of Supervisors to its local Workforce Investment Board. In 2013, Stenslie was elected by his peers as the Chair of the California Association of Local Economic Development. Stenslie also serves on the boards of directors for several state and local organizations, including:
- California Enterprise Development Authority,
- Team California,
- California Manufacturing Health and Welfare Trust,
- First 5 Ventura County, and
- Community Action Ventura County, as Chair of the Board.