Executive Assistant (full-time)
Salary range starting at $50,000
California Forward (CA Fwd) seeks an Executive Assistant to coordinate and support the activities of the executive team. The successful candidate will be based in Sacramento or the Bay Area and have the ability to work remotely. This is a non-exempt position.
CA Fwd is a nonpartisan cross-sector civic leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream for everyone in all of the state's regions and to improving government performance and accountability to the people. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
We seek team members who are excited by the mission of CA Fwd, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals should enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. We hope to have this position filled by June 30.
Under the direction of the deputy director, the executive assistant will:
- Act as first point of contact for the organization, channeling calls and emails to the appropriate individuals for response
- Manage administrative operations to include responsibility for meeting scheduling and support; liaising with IT staff, web staff, and accounting staff; handling correspondence and other general office administrative duties, as needed
- Assist with scheduling and travel logistics for the executive team
- Manage basic accounting responsibilities including managing executive team timesheets, expense reimbursement request and credit card statements
- Manage documents and production of materials for meetings and events; conduct basic research as needed; assist in preparation of documents; and help proof and format documents
- Assist in management of mailing lists, databases and communication with parties interested in California Forward activities
- Coordinate Leadership Council activities, provide general support for the board under the direction of the CEO; work with CEO in preparing for board meetings including logistics, catering, room set-up, supplies, managing attendance, preparing minutes, etc; and assist in keeping website updated
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office functions and Salesforce, preferred
Apply by June 15, 2019 by sending a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.