Equitable Economies Project Associate (full-time, 6-month term)
The Equitable Economies Project Associate for California Forward (CA FWD) assists the Director of Regional Stewardship and the Equitable Economies Project Manager in advancing regional inclusive economic planning efforts around the state. The Project Associate may be based anywhere in the State of California and is expected to work remotely, with some travel as needed. This is a non-exempt and at-will position.
CA FWD is a multi-partisan cross-sector steward leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream is accessible to everyone in all of the state’s regions. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
We seek team members who are excited by the mission of CA FWD, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals should enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Specifically, the Equitable Economies Project Associate will:
- Become well-versed in the application and implementation process for the upcoming California Community Economic Resilience Fund (CERF)
- Support the Equitable Economic Project Manager in organizing public outreach/educational activities throughout the state (virtual and in-person) to raise awareness of CERF’s availability, engaging a diverse set of stakeholders in each region to prepare their inclusive economic planning efforts
- Support the Equitable Economies Project Manager in assisting California Stewardship Network (CSN) members and other regional civic intermediary organizations in developing, preparing and submitting applications to the CERF and other funding sources that can support their regional inclusive economic planning efforts
- Coordinate activities with the Director of Regional Stewardship and Equitable Economies Project Manager
- Participate in CA FWD staff activities, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in developing, preparing and submitting public funding proposals (i.e. state or federal) and/or economic development and planning processes
6-month contract: $30,000-$35,000 range plus benefits
Level of compensation dependent upon experience
Open Until Filled
Send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.