Communications Manager (full-time, 6-month term)
The Communications Manager for California Forward (CA FWD) assists the Associate Director of Digital Communications and the Director of Communications in representing the organization to its stakeholders and the public. The individual reports directly to the Director of Communications. The Communications Manager may be based anywhere in the state of California and is expected to work remotely, with some travel as needed. This is a non-exempt and at-will position.
CA FWD is a multi-partisan cross-sector steward leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream is accessible to everyone in all of the state’s regions. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
We seek team members who are excited by the mission of CA FWD, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals should enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Specifically, the communications manager will:
- Assist with the management of CA FWD’s digital communication platforms including social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn), and the CA FWD and CA FWD Action Fund websites.
- Develop and produce original content to support CA FWD’s organization’s policy goals, mission, vision and values.
- Write and build CA FWD’s weekly newsletter to highlight internal and partner content and assist with other mass mailings via MailChimp.
- Assist CA FWD Team in maintaining a high standard of quality in communications products including providing reviews and graphic design assistance as needed.
- Support the Director of Communications with marketing and promotional activities such as – but not limited to – producing California Economic Summit email and promotional content.
- Support the maintenance of key metrics and analytics, including updating ongoing media reports, social media and web analytics.
- Support the Director of Communications in media monitoring for key issues important to the organization, as well as building and maintaining media contact lists.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred (communications, public relations, journalism, marketing)
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills, with a passion for storytelling
- Experience managing social media accounts and developing strategic external messages
- Highly collaborative and detail oriented
- Flexible with the ability to work independently when needed and manage multiple projects/deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Canva, WordPress, social media platforms and tools (Facebook, Twitter, IG, LinkedIn, Hootsuite), Google Suite, and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
6-month contract: $40,000-50,000 range plus benefits
Level of compensation dependent upon experience
Open Until Filled
Interested applicants may send a resume, references and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.