Project Manager (full-time)
Salary range starting at $50,000
California Forward (CA Fwd) seeks two Project Managers to support the development and implementation of initiatives that advance the triple bottom line: simultaneously growing the economy, sustaining the environment and promoting equitable communities. These are exempt positions.
CA Fwd is a nonpartisan cross-sector civic leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream for everyone in all of the state's regions and to improving government performance and accountability to the people. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
We seek team members who are excited by the mission of CA Fwd, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals should enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. We hope to have these positions filled by September 1.
Under the direction of the deputy director, the project manager will:
- Conduct policy and data analysis on a variety of topics including housing, workforce development, water sustainability, and other topics as assigned
- Aggregate and distill policy feedback from experts, stakeholders and the public, and recommend adjustments accordingly
- Monitor the external policy and political environment, and advise executive team members on opportunities to advance CA Fwd’s agenda
- Represent CA Fwd in public presentations, and in meetings with experts, stakeholders and legislative staff
- Plan and staff policy related events and convenings
- Contribute to CA Fwd’s communications activities including writing blogs and producing mass emails
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of California’s political landscape
- Comfort with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team using good judgment and initiative
- Strong organizational skills
Apply by June 30, 2019 by sending a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to email@example.com.