Director of Strategy
Director of Strategy (full-time)
Salary range starting at $115,000
California Forward (CA Fwd) seeks a Director of Strategy to build and promote strategic partnerships contributing to the financial sustainability the organization. This is an exempt position.
CA Fwd is a nonpartisan cross-sector civic leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream for everyone in all of the state's regions and to improving government performance and accountability to the people. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
We seek team members who are excited by the mission of CA Fwd, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals should enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. We hope to have this position filled by September 1.
Under the direction of the CEO, and in coordination with other CA Fwd senior staff members, the director of strategy is responsible for identifying key individual and organizational partnerships in regions around the state, developing strategies for involving them in relevant CA Fwd projects, and building trust which results in financial commitments to sustain CA Fwd’s mission. Specifically, the director will:
- Build a funding model and develop partnerships that will support CA Fwd’s state and regional civic infrastructure over time as well as support initiatives that deploy the partnership to advance issue-focused goals
- Secure the commitment of key strategic organizations in all regions of the state to support, participate in and fund CA Fwd’s work
- Collaborate with CA Fwd staff and consultants to develop materials to support outreach and engagement activities
- Discern and coordinate strategic collaboration and outreach opportunities to expand the number and quality of CA Fwd’s partnerships and alliances
- Develop and manage CA Fwd’s data collection methods, tools, and measures for evaluating partnership building activities to assist in strategic decision making
- Work with the CEO and other CA Fwd staff to maintain a cohesive, positive and results-oriented internal team and to advance our public reputation as a trustworthy, forward-thinking, public-interest political movement
- Evaluate the success of efforts to inform continuous improvement
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years experience in public outreach and fundraising
- Solid understanding of California’s philanthropic landscape and the policy priorities of potential funders
- Demonstrated ability to plan and think strategically, set realistic goals and objectives, and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity to adapt strategy based on challenges, limitations or opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make compelling presentations about complicated topics to large groups
- Ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities and meet deadlines
Apply by June 30, 2019 by sending a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.