Director of Regional Stewardship
Director of Regional Stewardship (full-time)
Salary range starting at $130,000
California Forward (CA Fwd) seeks a Director of Regional Stewardship to coordinate the collective impact activities of members of the California Stewardship Network (CSN) and to advance the policy initiatives of CA Fwd through the California Economic Summit project. This is an exempt position.
CA Fwd is a nonpartisan cross-sector civic leadership group committed to ensuring the California Dream for everyone in all of the state's regions and to improving government performance and accountability to the people. Our staff reflects the diversity of California’s population and works from a variety of locations throughout the state.
We seek team members who are excited by the mission of CA Fwd, and are thorough, articulate, responsive and knowledgeable. Individuals should enjoy working as part of a group, have excellent time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. We hope to have this position filled by September 1.
Under the direction of the CEO, and in coordination with other CA Fwd senior staff members, the director of regional stewardship will manage the partners and projects associated with the growing stewardship movement and coordinate those activities with the California Economic Summit and other CA Fwd projects as appropriate. Specifically, the director will:
- Coordinate the shared activities of the members of the California Stewardship Network
- Coordinate cross-regional learning opportunities among regional partners including bi-annual learning exchanges based on shared policy and professional development interests
- Manage the Emerging Steward Leader Program, including recruiting and supporting participants, developing curriculum, and delivering program
- Manage an annual process which identifies regional priorities to inform the agenda of the California Economic Summit
- Identify and support regional activities in support of California Economic Summit policy priorities
- Report progress on milestones and deliverables for grants which support steward activities
- Evaluate the success of efforts to inform continuous improvement
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of California’s regional economic landscape and related policy priorities
- Demonstrated ability to plan and think strategically, set realistic goals, and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity to adapt strategy based on challenges, limitations or opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make compelling presentations about complicated topics to large groups
- Ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities and meet deadlines
Apply by June 30, 2019 by sending a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.